BattleBorn has dished out a plan to release more DLC starting in July
It’s no secret that BattleBorn has been playing from behind. Being in direct contact with Overwatch, who as just begun rolling out Competitive Play, its been a little harder for them to get over the hump. 2K is hoping the plans for the new DLC content will get them up to speed. BattleBorn is looking to add more characters, competitive maps and modes as well as Story Operations.
2K informs on their BattleBorn site,
“There’s a lot in the works, from continuing to balance and improve the game through weekly hot fixes and larger content patches, to the release of more free heroes, competitive maps and modes, premium Story Operations, and other DLC throughout the coming months. Your feedback is invaluable to us and we look forward to sharing more Battleborn content with you as development continues.”
Here is what you can expect from BattleBorn in the coming days:
FREE DLC CONTENT
- 5 more heroes, bringing the total to 30
- Alani – released May 31st, 2016
- Pendles – coming soon in July
- Three more heroes to be revealed in late Summer through the Fall
- Three new PVP Maps in the next couple of weeks, one for each mode
- Broadcaster Mode coming hopefully next month
- Broadcaster mode will allow you to spectate the battlefield using a set of third-person camera controls to follow players on either team, jump to points of interest, or to move freely around the battlefield in Private Versus Matches.
- In-game Reporting, our goal is to include it in the next major patch update for July
- In the interest of making it easier to report players who are trying to ruin the fun for everyone, we’ve created an in-game reporting function that will be accessible through the scoreboard and allow you to flag players who are suspected of cheating, abandoning games, or ruining the overall experience.
- Matchmaking Adjustments: Ongoing
- We regularly adjust and tweak matchmaking parameters in order to keep improving the matchmaking process. In fact, we’ll be testing out an overhaul to the matchmaking system starting later this week.
- Hero Balancing: Ongoing
- As we gather data from matches and mission, we’ll continue to adjust and refine hero balance in the game. You can expect a bigger adjustment to 24 of the 26 characters likely coming in the next couple of weeks.
- Lore Challenges: Upcoming major patch
- We are working on adjustments to lore requirements as well as how those requirements are tracked.
- New PVP mode this Fall
- Another new PVP mode in late Fall or Winter
- Weekly hot fixes as well as regular updates and patches
PREMIUM DLC CONTENT
Premium DLC content includes DLC packs 1 through 5, each with a playable Story Operation and unlockable skins and taunts, as well as early access to heroes 26 through 30 with the use of a hero key.
Premium DLC Timeline:
- Alani early access with hero key started May 24, 2016
- Pendles early access with hero key in mid-Summer
- Each DLC Story Operation release includes new, unlockable skins and taunts
- DLC 1 Story Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” coming late Summer
- Heroes 28 – 30 early access, each with a hero key, coming mid-Summer through the Fall
- DLC 2 Story Operation around late Summer
- DLC 3 Story Operation coming early Fall
- DLC 4 Story Operation coming late Fall
- DLC 5 Story Operation coming this Winter
Stay with us for more BattleBorn news as it unfolds!