I swear, they’re going to reveal the entire Pokédex at this rate. Not that I’d mind.
A new trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon has been released, showcasing more new Pokémon, more Alola variations of existing Pokémon, and the villainous group you’ll be fighting against.
The new villain team is known as Team Skull, and is headed by the admin Plumeria, who views all of the grunts as her younger brothers and sisters, and the leader Guzma, who tried and failed to become a trial captain. No word on Team Skull’s actually goals yet, but if they’re anything like the other evil teams, it’ll probably be something potentially world ending for a really dumb reason.
More new Alolan Pokémon have been revealed, including:
- Wishiwashi, a pure Water-type, with the ability to take on a gargantuan School form when it reaches a certain level
- Pyukumuku, a pure Water-type that smacks you around with its own innards
- and Morelul, a Grass/Fairy-type that I can’t think of anything interesting to say about.
In addition, more Alola variations of past Pokémon have been revealed.
- Meowth, formerly a pure Normal-type, is now a pure Dark-type, and just looks sassy as hell
- Marowak, formerly a pure Ground-type, is now a Fire/Ghost-type, with a flaming bone that I wholeheartedly approve of
- Raichu, the long time redheaded stepchild of the Pikachu family, has switched from pure Electric-type to Electric/Psychic-type, and is already getting a ton of fanart
Pokémon Sun and Moon will be available on November 18th, 2016.